Adventures are, by definition, filled with uncertainty, risk, excitement and opportunity.
TRUE ADVENTURE
The best way that a man could test his readiness to encounter the common variety of mankind would be to climb down a chimney into any house at random, and get on as well as possible with the people inside. And that is essentially what each one of us did on the day that he was born. This is, indeed, the sublime and special romance of the family. It is romantic because it is a toss-up. It is romantic because it is everything that its enemies call it. It is romantic because it is arbitrary. It is romantic because it is there...The element of adventure begins to exist; for an adventure is, by its nature, a thing that comes to us. It is a thing that chooses us, not a thing that we choose...The supreme adventure is being born. In other words, when we step into the family we step into a fairytale. ~GK Chesterton, Heretics
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Getting Ready for Christmas
Here's a few pictures of the kids in mid-December. Searching for the perfect Christmas tree for 2006...we found it in the ValuMart parking lot (after much hunting in the great outdoors).
Suava concentrates just like Mommy--with her tongue out! Suava making funny faces for the camera:
I'm Suava the explorer. I love adventures and being outside. I am a sweet, loving girl but very stubborn and determined. My parents are hoping that this will prove to be a positive not a negative--I'll let you all determine the verdict on that one. Oh, just in case you don't know how to pronounce my name--say Sue then Ava, now say it really fast together--you got it!
And I'm Kai, Suava's partner in adventure. My big sister is my hero, and I'm determined to do everthing that she does! She's helped me learn how to explore, have fun, and stick-up for myself! Though She's still bigger and stronger than me, I'm catching up fast! And we just got a new little playmate--Caitanna. She doesn't do much yet--just sleeps, eats and cries sometimes (she has started smiling though and she is very, very cute!)
Our parents thought that they were somewhat adventurous before they had us. How naive! They're learning a whole new meaning of the word now!
No comments:
Post a Comment